Today at Mass the priest was giving a particularly interesting homily. He's a young priest and we
usually enjoy his sermons but today was really interesting. He was speaking about the importance of confession and how it's not as popular now as it once was. Then he continued on to talk about the 5 sins that cannot be forgiven by a regular priest during confession. Interestingly enough these do not include murder. Midway through the list of the 5 sins Olivia decided that she needed a new diaper. She picked up my purse and headed for the bathroom. I was able to slow her down and we stood near the exit for a while so I could listen to the homily a little longer but Olivia was not as interested so I had to give in and change her. I can't remember being so interested in a
homily in a long time, I hated to leave! By the time we got back the homily was over. I had to know what the other sins were so I googled them and just had to share with all of you.....
- Defiling the Eucharist
- Attempting to assassinate the Pope
- A priest abusing the confidentiality of the confessional by revealing the nature of the sin and the person who admitted to it
- A priest who has sex with someone and then offers forgiveness for the act
- A man who directly participates in an abortion - even by paying for it - who then seeks to become a priest or deacon
1 comment:
So I had no idea about any of those sins. Not that I could personally commit some of them. Glad you found a church that you like so much.
Post a Comment