Friday, April 29, 2011

10 Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom




  1. When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job?

  2. How June Cleaver of you!

  3. Oh, so you don't work?

  4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?

  5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.

  6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.

  7. What do you do all day, anyway?

  8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree.

  9. That explains why your son is so clingy!

  10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean.


Olivia has been home on spring break all week and we've been stuck inside at the house almost the entire time because of a ridiculous plumbing issue. The house is a disaster, I feel like we haven't accomplished anything. The kids are happy though and I have loved the extra time with Olivia.

2 comments:

Wendy Leiva said...

People have actually said those things to you???? How rude!

Anna M said...

I LOVE this POST. LOVE it. Did you know Susan Hudson from USC? She's stays home part of the time with her 2 kids and she gets this. I've heard a lot of the comments you shared. And still I struggle with feeling like I'm doing enough to be a good mom. I hate that we can be hard on ourselves!