Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Birthday Boy



Peter's third birthday was November 11th but to be honest I wasn't ready for him to be 3 yet. I'd known that his birthday was comming of course but I just hadn't quite prepared myself. I hate that certain days can seem to drag on forever but then entire months go by in the blink of an eye.

On Peter's actual birthday I had to work late at a board reception and then I left early the next morning to fly to Houston for work. Mike took the kids and his parents to Chuck E. Cheese as a birthday treat. Peter loves anything that involves pizza and games so he had a blast. Peter also had his first round of birthday cake.



I decided to take Tuesday off and spend the entire day with Peter. We had a blast. I am so glad that I was able to spend some quality time with him. We ran a few errands, I took Peter to get his haircut. We went to see a movie (Peter's very first in a real theater). We saw Happy Feet 2. Peter loved the movie experience but I'm not sure that Happy Feet would have been his ideal choice. We did enjoy it though. I wasn't expecting that we'd be able to stay for the entire movie but Peter suprised me and we were able to stay for the duration of the movie. I think we had such a great day because I went into the day without any expectations, nothing on the agenda other than spending time together. I'm not sure if Peter will remember his 3rd birthday but I know I'll always treasure the day.

I brought the camera but I didn't take a single picture. We did have a small family party. I couldn't resist sharing the video of Peter blowing out his candles. I know that the grandparents will get a kick out of it despite our TERRIBLE singing!



No comments: