Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's a BOY!

Mike and I are proud to introduce the newest member of our family......Peter Salvador Leiva. Peter was born via c-section on 11/11/08 (veterans day) at 8:57 am. He weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs, 3 oz and is 20 and 3/4 inches long. He does have a lot of hair but it's nothing compared to the mop of hair that Olivia was born with! The delivery was surprisingly smooth, the surgery went well. The doctors were all impressed to see that Peter's umbilical cord was tied in a knot. Apparently this is a sign of good luck or good fortune in many Asian cultures but I can't seem to find anything on google about it. Anyone know anything about this?

Peter and I are doing well and resting comfortably. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and well wishes. Here's the first of many pictures to come.....

4 comments:

Elena said...

Congratulations Laurie. Hope all is going well. When do you get to come home from the hospital?
Peter is such a cutie.

Anna M said...

Yay! Congrat, Laurie! How exciting!! Boys are FANTASTIC :o) just like little girls, I'm sure! Take care of yourself...can't wait to hear more about having two kids and what that is like :o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

I'll see if I can find out anything about the good luck piece.

Anonymous said...

This one looks just like you! He is adorable. Hope all is well and big sis is adjusting!
miss and love you-
Stace