Monday, August 23, 2010

Home at Last

We are finally home from our massive road trip. I have so much to share but I have about a million things to do and no time to do it in. I'm knee deep in laundry as I try and unpack and organize things after having been away for 2 weeks. Olivia will be having surgery this week to remove her port so I'm trying to make arrangements for our 2 day trip to Duke and arrangements for Peter since he cannot be there during Olivia's surgery. School starts here on Wednesday but Olivia will be starting a little later, we will need to have another IEP meeting to coordinate all of the services that she'll be receiving at school. Mike has a lot going on at work and he's even busier because he's trying to catch up on things that he put off to help us drive home.

Speaking of the drive, I cannot believe that I convinced myself (and my husband) that driving the 1200 miles from Houston to Fayetteville in one day was a good idea. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!! The kids were absolute angels, they were so well behaved and slept most of the trip but Mike and I are exhausted! We left Houston around 10 pm on Saturday night and arrived home around 6pm on Sunday evening. With the exception of breakfast at McDonald's and for bathroom and gas breaks we drove straight through, almost 19 hours in the car. I'm glad we're all home safely and it was wonderful to sleep in our own beds last night.

I have so much to share, I don't even know where to start. More later!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Welcome home!! I can't wait to hear about your visit to TX.