Sunday, December 26, 2010

The 12 Days of Christmas

We're celebrating Christmas big this year! This time last year we were very cautiously optimistic, wait I take that back, we weren't really all that optimistic, we were still in full blown, complete, panic mode. Olivia and I had just moved to Ft. Bragg. We were very happy to be together as a family but we were terrified that something would go wrong and Olivia and I would have to go back to Duke. We were driving to Duke at least once a week. Olivia was very weak and needed a lot of round-the-clock care. Peter had just started walking. A lot changes in a year, this year we're celebrating big. Enjoying being together and being healthy! This year we'll be celebrating Christmas all over the south east with celebrations at home at Ft. Bragg, in Texas, and in Louisiana.

So without any more rambling on my part I announce the first of our 12 Days of Christmas.....

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a house built of gingerbread. This year I bought a gingerbread cake pan so that we could make our own gingerbread and it’s a huge hit!


Look at that concentration!


He takes his gingerbread decorating seriously!


For every piece of candy Peter put on the Gingerbread House Olivia took one off. It was endlessly entertaining for both of them!


Olivia has very quick hands and Peter didn't realize that his house was being undecorated in front of him.




Our Masterpiece!

No comments: