He's 32 months old, a little over 2 and a half. On a whim I got inspired, we checked out stacks of books and dvd's from the library, we made a beautiful chart and we stocked up on a supply of potty prizes from the dollar store.



We stocked up on salty snacks and I let Peter drink to his heart's content.

Peter decided that the orange M&M's were his favorite!

We didn't leave the house for a solid 2 days. We wanted to get the basics down. We were so focused that we completely forgot about Olivia's weekly OT/Speech Therapy appointment.

End of Day #1

End of Day #4

I think we're almost there! Peter gets the concept. He's still wearing a diaper during nap time (but more often than not he is staying dry during nap time). He is still wearing a diaper at night. We're not using pull-ups, he gets to wear big boy underwear. We have left the house. Peter does pretty well as long as we make sure to potty before we leave the house and as soon as we get to our destination.

Peter is quite proud of his potty certificate. We hung it in his room.

3 comments:
I've been following your blog for awhile now and love reading about the kids. My son Case has MPS II and we go to UNC each month for the intrathecal clinical trial. Do you happen to be coming to the MPS conference this week? I would love to meet you!
Melissa
Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Great job on going to the Potty Petter. Keep up the good job! Olivia is an amazing, beautiful courageous strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease. www.miraclechamp.webs.com I love it when people sign my guestbook.
Way to go, Peter!!
Post a Comment