Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cozy

Is a nice way of saying small. We started moving into our new house this weekend. It is in a great neighborhood. We have a nice backyard. It's in a great location and we like the neighbors. It is small, tiny, cozy, quaint. Olivia and I lived in a 15 x 20 hospital room for months, we can do this. We lived in a small apartment for months in Durham after Olivia was discharged from Duke, we can do this. We are going to live below our means. We are repurposing money that we might have spent on housing to pay for private schools. We don't need a gourmet kitchen because we want to be able to enjoy the fabulous restaurants in New Orleans. Bedrooms are really just for sleeping. Who needs a home office when you have an office at work. We are a family of four, we don't need a dinning room that seats 6, we can make do with an eat-in kitchen. The house is cozy but it's also kinda cute. It feels happy, it's got a good vibe. Does it sound like I'm talking myself into liking it? I absolutely am and I think a new iPhone might help continue to convince myself. Not sure yet, just something we're considering since we're living so far below our means and all. :)

2 comments:

Anna M said...

I think this is an AWESOME post. I wish more people would read this and understand the importance of family, space, and making do. Glad you're in NO and getting settled. Having a house with good vibes is SO important--more so than size to me!

Elena said...

wait until next month if you are going to get a iphone. The iphone 5 is due out sometime in october.