Sunday, March 18, 2012

long neglected but not forgotten...

My little blog here has been long neglected but it certainly hasn't been forgotten. I think about blogging often. I think about cute, fun, little aspects of our days that I would love to share but there just never seems to be enough time.

I've missed the blog. I have regularly kept a journal since high school. I always journal during Mike's deployments. I find the process so soothing and therapeutic. It gives me a chance to reflect. I very rarely look through my old journals. For me, blogging is similar in some ways. While I try to be authentic and honest it is always in the back of my mind that the blog is open for others to read and interpret as they will. I blog more so that I can remember and look back on what was going on during that stage in our lives. Unlike with journaling I love to look back at some of the older blog entries.

In any case I've missed it! I've missed sharing the kids and some of our adventures. It's taken some time for us to adjust here in New Orleans. We lept right into our lives here. It was such a hectic move from North Carolina, we never had a chance to really land before jumping into our lifestyle here so I feel like we just spent the first 6 months trying to play catch up. We're not caught up now but I've just decided we're never going to be and we'll just continue to have to figure it out as we move along.

No comments: