Sunday, April 22, 2012

Brace Face--Round 3

I just got braces...for the 3rd time. I wasn't a bad patient, the first time was from 3rd to 6th grade. I had headgear, I wore it religiously every night. By the time I got them off my bite was perfect. The second time I was in 8th grade. I hated the gap between my front two teeth. They weren't on for long, I also had oral surgery to clip the overly strong muscle that was pushing my top two teeth apart. I wore a retainer all through high school, every. single. night. I even took it with me to college. I vividly remember the day the orthodontist told me that I didn't have to wear it anymore, that my teeth wouldn't move anymore.

Clearly he was wrong. Over the years I've watched my top front teeth shift further and further apart. I hate it!

For years I've wanted to get braces. I finally did it (thanks to new dental insurance with adult orthodontic coverage).



And WOW does it hurt! I'd completely forgotten how painful it was!

No comments: