I still remember the first night Olivia slept in her crib, it was September 19, 2006. For whatever reason I was very concerned with making sure that Olivia was sleeping in her own crib as soon as possible. We actually put her to sleep in her crib the first night she was home from the hospital (of course that only lasted about an hour and a half). I don't know why I was so obsessed with our sleeping arrangements, perhaps it was because Mike was deployed and I didn't have as many other things to worry about. I wanted to be sure that Olivia was sleeping in her crib by the time he came home. Once Olivia was 2 months old I decided that she could sleep in her crib. I remember discussing this at her 2 month well baby visit with her pediatrician. He assured me that she would cry but that she would be fine. I guess I thought this process would take several months longer than it actually took because Mike didn't get home until the end of November.
The situation with Peter couldn't be more different. He is still sleeping in his bassinet, right next to my side of the bed and I'm in absolutely no hurry to move him down the hall to his crib. His 2 month appointment came and went and he'll be 3 months old next month. He is sleeping pretty much through the night but occasionally he'll start to fuss a bit and I'll just reach over and hold his little hand that he's managed to work out of the swaddling blanket and he goes right back to sleep. That's how we woke up this morning, my arm was hanging out of the bed and his little hand was wrapped around my finger.
I had big plans for moving him into his room while Mike is out of town but somehow I'm just not ready for that. It all goes by so fast! I just want to enjoy every precious moment of this newborn stage!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment