Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 1 Pool Party

So today was the first day of Olivia's pre-Transplant work-up. The pre-Transplant work-up process is scheduled to last about 2 weeks. For Olivia it will consist of a series of tests to make sure that she's healthy before they begin the transplant process. The work-up process also includes lots of scheduled meetings for Mike and I to attend so we can learn more about the transplant process, available resources, etc. Today was a short day. They collected bodily fluids (blood, nasal secretions, stool) and we meet with the Nurse Coordinator in charge of the Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant (PBMT) Program. I don't remember if I've mentioned her before but for the purposes of our blog I'll nickname her "Lady J" and she is absolutely fantastic! She is so patient, understanding and approchable. She's made this entire process much easier!

To celebrate the end of our first day (and also just because it's hot here) we went to the pool here in our apartment complex again. We all had a blast, and Olivia is starting to swim by herself. Just as we were walking out of our apartment to head to the pool Mike decided to grab the camera and I'm so glad he did! We got these great pics and a video of Olivia swimming by herself for the first time!









1 comment:

Ashley said...

fun, fun, fun! Gosh, peter looks so different already!