Olivia is doing well, meaning she's taking her oral meds and eating and drinking. I think she really enjoyed not having to go to the hospital today. We all slept in but Olivia slept until 10:30! It was really nice just to have a day to relax. We didn't do anything exciting at all, just hung around the apartment.
Today was a day full of ups and downs for me. I learned last night that one of the kids that was on 5200 when Olivia was admitted passed away. My heart is so full of sadness and compassion for him and his family. Please add them to your prayer list. I also cannot believe that it's already been an entire week since Olivia was discharged from the hospital. It feels like this week has flown by. We still haven't gotten physical therapy and speech therapy worked out. I know how important it is for Olivia to receive these services but I am not about to risk taking her into a therapist's office to receive them, especially since cold and flu season is just beginning. We are working on finding home based therapists who could come to the apartment but this process requires a lot of coordination with the insurance company so it's time consuming. I was also interviewed this afternoon by the staff writer for Gamma Phi Beta's quarterly magazine The Crescent. She's working on an article about the benefits and importance of umbilical cord blood banking. I was all to happy to share some of our experience with her but it was emotional to reflect on everything that has happened in the last couple of months. I'm feeling so blessed that Olivia is doing as well as she is doing. As Mike and I start looking for potential places to live near Ft. Bragg I am really starting to look forward to having our whole family together again. I really miss Peter, I am missing so much of this short, sweet, baby phase.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment