Amy left this weekend and Mike is back at work so it's just Olivia and I here in Durham. It feels weird for it to be just the two of us, it's been a long time! Of course Olivia and I were in the hospital by ourselves but since we were in a hospital full of people it didn't really feel like we were by ourselves. Now it really is just the two of us and we are having fun. It took a little longer to get everything ready and get us out the door this morning. We had a really long day in clinic today. Olivia's appointment was at 9:30 this morning and then they wanted to do a chest x-ray just to make sure that everything is ok. Everyone is very impressed with how well Olivia is doing but after a 2 week course of antibiotics she still has a runny nose and a bit of a cough. I was concerned, especially going into tomorrow's surgery. The chest x-ray looks great so they were able to confirm that it's an upper respiratory issue and it won't hold up tomorrow's procedure. They did start her on a different antibiotic that has helped to clear up her runny nose in the past.
Once we finished up with everything in the blood and bone marrow clinic we were just in time to head down to our pre-op appointment for Tuesday's surgery. The anesthesiologist nurse practitioner that we met with today was great. Again I am so glad that we're here at Duke, I have complete confidence that the doctors and nurses here have more experience in dealing with kids with Sanfilippo syndrome than anywhere else. Olivia's surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am Tuesday morning. The procedure should just take an hour or so. The are replacing her triple lumen Hickman catheter with a single lumen Hickman catheter. I'm told it's a simple procedure. Keep us in your prayers and check back tomorrow for an update!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
2 comments:
You are all always in my prayers but I will add an extra one for tomorrow. Love, Wendy
We are constantly thinking and prayer for Olivia and your whole family. Look forward to hearing how well she did in your blog.
Post a Comment