Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On the right track

One of the realities about being a parent to a child with special needs is that it's all uncharted territory. I feel like I float along bouncing from therapy session to intervention meeting to seminar to doctor appointment and then all around again. All I know for sure is that I love my baby girl and I want to do everything I can for her. It doesn't help that Sanfilippo syndrome is so very rare. There are moments of amazing clarity when I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am on the right track. The universe aligns and someone happens to say just the right thing at the most random moment. These moments give me confidence and inspiration and they allow me to just relax and enjoy Olivia for who she is. Those moments make up for all the ridiculous and ignorant things that people say without thinking or realizing what their words mean. Today I had two of those special moments and I am so grateful to know that I am on the right track!

No comments: