We're anticipating many changes as we move to New Orleans in the fall. One of the most welcome will be Mike's schedule. For the first time in our marriage Mike will have a regular schedule. I'm beyond excited about this change! For the last several years Mike's schedule has become increasingly demanding. Currently he is literally at the beck and call of his blasted blackberry. He gets calls all hours of the day and night and often has to leave at a moment's notice. His schedule is such that he can commit to do something but then a work issue comes up and his entire day is instantly rearranged. He leaves for work before the kids are awake and often doesn't get home until well after they are both asleep. I'm cautiously optimistic about what his schedule will be like in New Orleans, but really, it wouldn't be difficult to improve on the current situation.
I'm rambling though. One of the added benefits to Mike's schedule is that we're able to discuss the possibility of me returning to work. Olivia is much healthier now than she was prior to her transplant and Peter is getting older. I'm really excited about the possibility of returning to work. It's not as if I've been lazing around for the last 2 years but I am out of practice! The first thing I did when we decided I'd go back to work was head out to buy some resume paper. Really! Then I quickly discovered that it was completely useless, everything is online now. Whoops! I have applied for a few jobs (my Master's is in Education Administration) so please keep your fingers crossed and send good thoughts my way. However I did notice a huge typo in 2 of the cover letters that I just sent, I spelled Alma Mater incorrectly, huge whoops! This may be difficult! Of course I decide to look for a job when unemployment is higher than it's been in decades!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
Good luck, Laurie!! Even if you don't find a position right away, it has to feel good doing this for yourself! You have learned so much over the past couple of years...transferable skills to higher ed even if it doesn't seem apparent right now.
Post a Comment