




And in the interest of full disclosure. Mike went to pay for the tree while I got the kids loaded back up in the car. This particular tree lot had a very complex tagging system. We were told to stay away from any trees already marked with SOLD tags. Of course we did pay close attention to the tags but when Mike went to pay they cashier insisted that the tree we cut down has already been paid for. Apparently each tree had a serial number and the serial number of our tree had already been purchased. I know we never saw a SOLD tag. The staff checked for SOLD tags before they loaded it onto the tractor and a separate group of guys checked for tags again as they unloaded the tree. We felt awful that we cut down someone's tree! Mike had to head out to cut down a second tree solo because the kids had both fallen asleep in their car seats.
I'm also happy to report that another pro for living in a tiny house is that you can easily smell the Christmas tree from every room in our house.
1 comment:
What a fluffy tree...and the tagging system...crazy!! I'm pretty sure the Fraser Firs in NC don't have that.
Post a Comment