I don't know about you but I'm absolutely dreading the end of this long weekend. Even though the weather this weekend wasn't fantastic it was such a great, relaxing weekend. We debated back and forth about going somewhere over the long weekend. Mike and I both know it's getting to the point where I won't be able to be in the car (or a plane for that matter) for a long period of time. In the end I think that we decided not to go anywhere by default. Neither one of us was up for planning anything and I don't think we realized how much we needed a relaxing weekend at home. We enjoyed going to the park and walking around our neighborhood with Olivia. We did a lot of laundry and Olivia discovered her new favorite game--riding around in a laundry basket. At first it was harmless fun and Olivia had a blast as Mike and I took turns "driving" her around the house. We realized it had gotten a little out of hand when I found Olivia had dumped an entire laundry basket full of freshly laundered and FOLDED laundry over so that she could climb into the laundry basket. But then again, who can you blame, after all we really did initiate the new game. We also spent some time rediscovering our back yard. Early in spring we planted some roses that have FINALLY started to bloom. I'd completely given up on them so it was a really nice surprise to see one blooming.
At least this week will only be a 4 day work week so that's something to look forward to! Only 4 more workdays till another weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment