Monday, September 22, 2008

Night 3: No More Pacifier

So I think the worst part is over. Last night Olivia fell asleep after only 15 minutes of crying. I did have to run out of her room right after I tucked her in. She got out of bed and ran after me and I had to shut the door so she didn't run out of her room. This is a first for us! Olivia normally stays in her bed and waves goodbye as I tell her goodnight and turn out the light. I was expecting her to stand there howling at me from the other side of the door but she just turned around and ran back to her bed.

Today is her first day at school without the pacifier. She is usually only allowed to have her pacifier at nap time so today I sent her to school with one of her dolls instead of the pacifier to use during nap time. We'll see how that goes.....

Here are a few pictures. The fist picture is of the first night, she ended up waking up in our bed. It turns out that I took Olivia's pacifier away the day before she was diagnosed with an ear infection (I feel like the meanest mom ever)! She woke up at 6:30 on Saturday morning and I caved and let her in our bed. On the second night you can see the extra items that Olivia has started taking to bed. A book, her bla bla sock doll and her owl. You can certainly see Olivia's "mop" of hair in all it's glory. If anyone has any suggestions on how to tame her unruly mane I'm all ears :)


1 comment:

Anna M said...

There's no taming mop hair! I'm 29 and I still wake up with mop hair...it's great!! Olivia looks happy...can't wait to hear more about your number 2!