Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A New Week

I'm so happy that it's the start of a brand new week. Last week was crazy but we got through it. I ended up putting in a lot of extra hours at work but Homecoming was a success. By far the best part of the week was that Mike arrived home early from the field so instead of spending Friday and Saturday with her babysitter, Olivia got to spend quality time with Mike. Here's a recap of what we've been up to since the last post....

  • Olivia is officially finished with the pacifier! The first 3 nights were the worst but we've made it through them! I still occasionally catch Olivia looking for a pacifier in some of her secret hiding places but she's easily distracted and doesn't seem to miss it! She's such a big girl!
  • I had another ultrasound last week. The doctors had been concerned since my pregnant belly was measuring a bit larger than it should be. Baby Leiva is a little weighs a little over 4 lbs which is exactly how much it should weigh but it seems that there is a little bit of extra room in my uterus--the result of this being a second pregnancy, the uterus stretching more/faster, etc. Nothing to be concerned about and we can't wait to meet the newest member of our family! While we still don't know if it's a boy or a girl we do know that this baby also has some hair!
  • Homecoming is OVER! I worked late several nights last week but it was so much easier to do so knowing that Mike was home with Olivia. They spent most of Friday together and then on Saturday they took a special daddy-daughter trip to the big park (our neighborhood is full of tons of little parks but they went to the fancy park with the nice swings)
  • Saturday evening we spent a couple of hours with some friends. To be honest I thought it was the absolute last place I wanted to be. After spending 10 hours at work all I wanted to do was curl up in bed but Mike had spent 2 weeks in the field and then returned to be on full time daddy duty so he needed to relax with friends. It turned out to be a great evening, Olivia was very well behaved, and we all got to enjoy socializing with friends. I'm so glad that I went!
  • Monday evening Mike and I were both finished up with work early enough to go together to pick up Olivia. It's always fun when you get to see how happy she is to see not just one but two parents pick her up!
  • This morning Mike and I had made plans to speak with the priest to schedule Baby Leiva's baptism. It turns out the priest had an unexpected conflict so we got to spend some extra time together this morning. My charming husband remembered me saying several weeks ago that my military id was due to expire in a few months so he suggested we go and get a new one. We spent the time in the waiting area remembering the day when I'd first gotten my military id. The picture was taken the day we'd gotten married (not the day of our wedding) but the day we got married before Mike deployed in 2003. I love the picture on that ID card and we realized it's the only picture we have from that day. They wouldn't let me keep the same picture but they did let me keep the ID card.

No comments: