I knew that I hadn't posted in a while but I didn't realize that it had been over a week! We've had a busy week but what's new about that, we're always busy.
This past weekend I took Friday off of work and enjoyed getting a manicure and pedicure with a girlfriend. Mike and I had a date night that evening when we went to his battalion formal. As far as formal military functions go it wasn't the most exciting ball we've been to but we enjoyed spending time out without Olivia. The guest speaker, Dana Bowman, was actually a motivational speaker so that was an interesting change. He's retired US Army who was injured in a skydiving accident. We met him in the receiving line and he asked if we knew if Baby Leiva was a boy or a girl. I told him we didn't know and were looking forward to finding out. When he went to shake Mike's hand he pulled him aside and assured him that it was a boy. Hmmmm.......we'll soon find out!
Over the weekend we spent time decorating for Halloween and going to the Steilacoom Apple Squeeze. This year we didn't squeeze our own cider but we did enjoy a couple glasses!
Over the weekend Olivia also decided that she does like noodles after all. I realize that many parents complain that all their child will eat is noodles but we've been trying to get Olivia to give noodles a try for over a year now. They seem like they'd be the perfect toddler food, they're easy to pick up, they're relatively bland. I've tried many different kinds of noodles: elbow macaroni, shells, bowtie pasta, penne, zitti, corkscrews, egg noodles, etc. I've tried different colored noodles and noodles with sauce and without. But Olivia has wanted nothing to do with any of them. Until now, she's finally decided that she was ready to eat a noodle and she loved it. Of course it's just my luck that after trying every brand of noodle on the market Olivia went for plain ol' spaghetti.

No comments:
Post a Comment