I am determined not to even begin potty training until I am positive that Olivia is ready. She's been interested for a while but I have been hesitating for one reason or another.....I wanted to make sure she was able to get her pants on and off before we started, I wanted to make sure that she's able to tell me when she needs to go, etc. Well I am reminded again that parenting has absolutely nothing to do with what I want! While I was doing dishes in the kitchen Olivia went into the bathroom and took off her pants and her diaper, then I heard her ask for help. I went into the bathroom to help her and she said potty so I put her on the potty where she proceeded to do her business (number 2) then she said all done, wiped herself, asked for help down, asked for help flushing the toilet, and then told me she needed to wash her hands! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I wasn't ready for her to begin potty training, but I guess she is. And just to prove that this entire episode wasn't a fluke, she did the entire routine again later in the evening with Mike.
No comments:
Post a Comment