Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Wheels

We've been talking about getting a new car for MONTHS! Seriously, we began discussing it when I was pregnant with Peter. We went back and forth, weighing options. When we found out that Olivia's transplant was approved we started discussing it more seriously. Olivia will most likely be in the hospital for several months so we really won't need two cars during that time and the thought of driving both cars all the way cross country to North Carolina was not appealing at all. We decided that this would be a great time to transition from being a two car family to a one car family. We traded in the Audi and used the Durango as a downpayment and we are now the proud owners of a 2009 GMC Acadia.

I am so thankful that our little family of four now has new wheels to make it safely and comfortably all the way to North Carolina. The wait was well worth it. I love our new car and I love that we made the decision together. We get free onstar for a year and while it's definately something that you can live without it is a pretty nifty tool to have around. I love that the back seats slide up so I can easily reach the kids from the front seat. The gas milage is fantastic (especially when compared to the preimum gas we had to put in the audi and the 12 MPG that the Durango was getting). But my favorite feature is the bluetooth in the car! I love it and it makes me look forward to the 3000 mile trip from here to North Carolina.

2 comments:

Elena said...

I missed this post yesterday. I can't believe that you didn't say anything today. How exciting.

Anna M said...

I love the Acadia!! Ashley calls it the Al Queda but seriously, it's a great car! Will probably be my next when we outgrow the 4Runner.