As of this afternoon we've been out of the hospital for two whole weeks! I'm always amazed at how quickly you can adapt to new situations with the right attitude. I know that I don't often talk about myself on this blog but I definitely think that's one of my strengths, adapting to new situations. I know it's served me well as a military wife, you move to a new duty station and adapt, your husband leaves for a deployment and you adapt. In general I believe that the most successful people I know are those who are able to easily adapt to new situations and challenges.
So far there are a couple of things about being out of the hospital that I just absolutely love......
-my new video baby monitor. I was really worried about not sleeping in the same room as Olivia but with the video monitor I can keep an eye on her and sleep in a separate room, it's the best of both worlds.
-the TV guide channel. Seriously I hated never knowing what was on TV while we were in the hospital. It's not that I had a ton of time to watch TV but I hated never knowing what my options were.
-I love Bravo! Thank goodness they pay their shows constantly, I've been able to catch up on Top Chef and all the Real Housewives drama.
-The gym. I'm really proud of myself for sticking to my routine and making sure I get some time to myself each morning.
-The grocery store! Of course I can't really go to the store unless someone else is watching Olivia but I love that we have so many options now for meals instead of just having whatever meal was delivered to Olivia's room. I've also discovered that a local grocery store here (Harris Teeter) has an online ordering service so you can order your groceries online and then pick them up from the store and you don't even have to get out of the car, perfect since I certainly couldn't take Olivia to a grocery store.
In other news Olivia is doing very well. She did have a bit of a cold but her cough is almost completely gone now and she's feeling much better. We even spoke with the doctors about transitioning from going to clinic 3 times a week to just twice a week and might make that transition next week. We're still working on getting her speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy set up but I think we are getting a little bit closer to getting that sorted out. I have a little lab draw carpool going with another mom who lives in the same apartment complex. Her daughter was actually in the room right next to Olivia when we were on 5200. It saves one of us a trip to drop off the labs in the morning. Olivia is getting a little stronger. She's walking around the apartment more and doing more things for herself. She's making good progress and I'm starting to think that us being settled at Ft. Bragg in time for Thanksgiving might not be super unrealistic.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
just caught up! I'm so glad things are going so well! It's so amazing what God can do!
Post a Comment