We all really enjoyed our first weekend without any visits to the hospital since Olivia was discharged. I didn't have to do any early morning blood draws which meant no early morning trips to the lab. We all got to sleep in! The days seemed so long, amazing what you can accomplish when you're not spending several hours in the hospital in the middle of the day. Olivia told her first joke this morning as we were all in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Olivia had announced that she wanted eggs this morning (a first since the days of nausea and vomiting following chemotherapy) so of course we had eggs. Amy asked Olivia is she was excited about having eggs and Olivia promptly replied with "noooooo" with the biggest grin on her face then she immediately followed that with "silly girl" and started clapping. It was too cute! We had a really relaxing weekend, we grilled steaks, we had a guitar hero tournament (I lost, Amy and Mike tied), we watched the USC vs Georga football game. Olivia still has her cough but it's slowely getting better. She was able to walk around for a bit (covered in SPF 55 and UV protective clothing--her skin is super sensitive to the sun as a result of the chemo). Now I'm enjoying Big Brother while having wine, cheese, and crackers for dinner. It was an awesome weekend!
5 comments:
what more could you ask for. Good food, good times, good wine and happy endings. Sounds like a great weekend. Many more to come I am sure!!!!!!! Helen
This makes me smile :)
I am so glad to see that everyone is home and loving it. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend!
Emily Joyner
National Foundation for Transplants
ejoyner@transplants.org
Sounds like a great weekend. So glad for all of you!
That is so cute!!
Post a Comment