Monday, January 4, 2010

Stay-at-home-mom Monday

I think that today was the perfect example of a stay-at-home Mom day. There were highs and lows, giggles and tears, messes and tantrums, it was exhausting and fulfilling. Don't get me wrong, I love that I'm able to be a stay-at-home mom, I know I'm very lucky! But if I were to say that I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world I would be lying. I wish I could find the perfect well-paying, part-time job with a fantastic group of people doing something that I believe in where I feel valued and respected....doesn't everyone want that? Maybe the perfect opportunity will come along someday but for now I'm happily content to be a stay-at-home mom.

In any case today was one of those days where we seemed to go through our routine, we didn't do anything exciting, it was a typical Monday. I got up early so that I could put our new elliptical machine to use, got the kids up, made beds, made breakfast, gave Olivia her meds, cleaned up, got through Olivia's visit with her occupational therapist, put Peter down for a nap, cuddled with Olivia during her breathing treatment, played with Peter when he got up from his nap, made lunch, clipped coupons, refereed fights, chased Peter up the stairs, soothed tantrums, cleaned up, played games and sang songs with the kids, took pictures, worked on potty training Olivia, made dinner, and the list could go on for paragraphs....

Olivia is feeling better but she's not eating much. I'll make her something and then she'll enthusiastically take two or three bites but that's it. She's doing ok on the potty training, she's consistently having just one or two wet accidents a day. She's getting stronger and more independent, she can go up the stairs all by herself. She had her 2nd visit with her home-based occupational therapist today. I love the occupational therapist. She's great at relating to Olivia, she knows just how hard to push Olivia without pushing her too hard. She's so understanding about Peter being in the mix during Olivia's therapy sessions. I think we will all enjoy having her in our home once a week.

I did take these pictures today. Olivia brought me her headband and said "pretty" so I put it on her and she was clearly very please with herself. So adorable. Peter noticed that Olivia was sad so he crawled over to comfort her.




1 comment:

The Hatchers said...

I too wish I had the perfert combination of 1/2 Stay-at-home and 1/2 part time job! I really struggled with the decision to return to work after my son was born, but financially we just couldn't swing it. It was a daily frustration most of last year and I really let it get to me.
I decided to make it one of my new year's resolutions to just put it in God's hands and let him work it out...so I still wish I didn't have a full time commitment, but I'm not letting it ruin my day.
I'm really glad you have the privledge to stay with your little ones!