Yesterday was such a peaceful day. I felt so lifted by everyone's thoughts and prayers. The kids slept in until 8:45 when I woke them up! I was able to read my morning devotional (it was about depression, how appropriate) and enjoy my coffee in peace. The kids and I went to run a quick errand at Best Buy. I drove by Best Buy at 10 am on Monday to see if it would be crowded. I was completely empty so we actually went into the store on Wednesday. I was on a mission to get information about cell phone plans. Apparently 10 am is the time to go, there was no one else in the store and there were plenty of salespeople to give me information. You usurally can't find any sales associates in Best Buy and I had three helping me yesterday. I brought tons of information and feel ready to make a well informed deicsion soon, once I've had time to process. Olivia had her mask on the entire time and she and Peter happily played in the stroller. After lunch both kids took naps which was wonderful! Olivia hasn't been napping lately. I was able to shower in peace and solitude. Olivia woke up from her nap first and she and I played together for a bit. I had plans to go to a coffee (a coffee is a social function for officer's wives for my non-military friends) and was really looking forward to it. I haven't met any of the other wives yet. Mike called to say he was on his way home to take over child care duties but he felt badly about it because there was some unfinished business to attend to. We brainstormed a bit and decided that I would bring the kids to his office and then we could switch cars and I could leave from there and he could get a bit more work done. It worked perfectly, I picked up some chicken nuggets for the kids on the way and they happily hung out and ate while Mike finished some things up. I had a great time at the coffee, I was a little late but I had the pleasure of sitting with some fantastic women. One of them teaches 6th, 7th, and 8th grade autistic students and the other is a Spanish teacher. We had such great conversation and the spanish teacher was able to help me out with the words to a spanish nursery rhyme that Olivia has been trying to sing lately. It will be a pleasure to get to know these women better. I was only at the coffee for 2 hours but it felt like an eternity away. It was a wonderful break and I so enjoyed some adult socialization. I feel refreshed and recharged, lifted.
A friend of mine forwarded me a link to the most amazing blog. Of course I was in tears as I read it, but it's beautiful and worth the tears. Here's the link to Nella's birth story: http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
I'm glad you've found women to connect to--that's so important!
Post a Comment