Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Struggling

We're struggling around here this week. It seems like over the last 3 weeks Olivia has changed dramatically. She has lots more energy but she can't seem to focus on anything. She's stopped playing with her toys she just wanders around the house touching things that she shouldn't. She pulls a book off the shelf in the living room, pulls the placemats off the table in the kitchen, takes the silverware out of the drawers in the kitchen, just wandering around. Her therapists have all noticed a difference, they suggested Fish Oil to improve concentration (has anyone tried this?). I don't know what to do. I'm watching Peter who's starting to do all these new fun things and Olivia is being left behind. Peter and I were playing outside yesterday and Olivia refused to come join us. She kept crawling back up the patio steps and sitting by the door. Olivia is talking more and she's easier to understand but she's not making sense. She is just singing random bits and pieces of songs. Olivia hit Peter in the head with a toy yesterday, we cried....Peter cried because it hurt, I cried because Olivia had no idea what she had done, Olivia cried because I yelled and put her in time out, then I cried more because I yelled. She saw our reactions and started laughing. She's always been so gentle with him.

I take comfort in knowing that God has a plan for Olivia. I am pryaing for energy and strength and patience to get me through the rest of this week!

2 comments:

Wendy Leiva said...

My heart breaks for you, Laurie. I will pray for comfort and strength for you.
Love, Wendy

Ashley said...

whew! that sounds rough! I'll be praying extra for you this week!