Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Noctournal Happenings

On Monday night Mike couldn't sleep, he got up at 1:30 am and left our bedroom to go upstairs so he wouldn't wake me. He wasn't able to go back to sleep so he just decided to go into work at 3:30 am. He finally arrived home from work around 6:30 pm to find that the kids and I had started eating dinner without him. As he got his plate I heard him coughing a bit so he was banished upstairs while I put the kids down for bed. There's nothing sweeter than a little baby boy (who am I kidding, at the rate he's growing he'll be a teenager by May and moved out by June) who happily snuggles with you for story time and then peacefully goes down for bed and says "night night" as you walk out the door. It was a long day and by 7:30 all I can do is get the kids into their beds before loosing every last bit of patience, understanding, and good parenting. Thank you God for that sweet boost!

After I got the kids into bed I went on a fun filled tour of the Walgreens pharmacies in the Fayetteville area. We needed to pick up Olivia's medication that I put on he port to numb the area before our clinic visit Wednesday. The clinic had called in a prescription to our local pharmacy. When I got to the pharmacy they told me they didn't carry that medication. I really wish they could have called to tell me that. They were certain that a different Walgreens about 15 minutes away did carry the medication so off I went. I arrived to the second Walgreens to discover that they were out of the medication but that I should try the Walgreens near the hospital so off I went again. I arrived just in time to see that the pharmacy had closed 15 minutes prior. I was oh so frustrated so I headed to Target and decided to hit up Starbucks on the way home. Of course the caffeine in the evening was not a good idea and I wasn't able to get to sleep until 11:30 or so. Mike woke up around 4am so he could go into the bathroom and hack up a lung. He proceeded to get ready to go to work. Mike has always been an early riser but I honestly have no idea what time he really needs to be at work. He was clearly sounding congested although he insists that he feels ok. He headed into Olivia's room to change her diaper (we've discovered that Olivia occasionally poops between the hours of 11pm and 5am so Mike has started changing her before he goes to work). Olivia had recently had a blow out diaper that got poop all over her bed so she got out of her bed and had fallen back asleep on the floor near in the corner. I woke up and went in when I heard noise on the baby monitor. At least it wasn't diarrhea but there seemed to be several little piles of poop. Mike was almost finished getting Olivia cleaned up so I just took her into bed with me. Olivia snuggled right up and went back to sleep but before I had fallen back asleep she started to cough a bit. I think the coughing which made her gag which made her vomit. More cleaning and wardrobe changes and she was back asleep again by 5:30. I woke up at 6:20am to discover that my dear husband had changed Olivia's sheets and disinfected her room, and already started the soiled sheets in the washing machine.

I'm a little nervous about what clinic may bring but I don't think Olivia is feeling bad so I'm not overly concerned.

No comments: