Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Drugstore Game, Week 6

I did stop off at a CVS while we were in Charleston. I didn't need much but I was able to pick up a few things that we needed while we were on the road.



2 bottles Welch's Grape Juice $4.99, on sale for 2 for $6.00
Coupons $2.00
Extra Care Buck $1.00
Final Price $1.50 each!

Travel Size Contact Lens Solution $2.99
Coupon $2.00
Extra Care Bucks $2.99
Final Price -$2.00, I made $2.00 buying this

Toothbrushes $0.99 each

Triscuts $.50

Candy Bar $.23

I got $15.68 of stuff for only $3.94!

This is also the end of my 6 week drugstore game. Overall I got a total of $287.55 of merchandise, I've paid $189.04 total and I've earned $79.99 in Extra Care Bucks that I've used to pay for my purchases. So after 6 weeks I'm spent just $109.05 and gotten tons of stuff. I definitely think I'll continue to shop at CVS. Some weeks I did go over my $20 "limit" but when I average the total spent over 6 weeks it was under my $20 goal. Now that I understand the way I can combine manufacturer coupons, store coupons and store rewards it is pretty easy to get a great deal. Most of all it's fun though and I love the feeling that I'm getting such an awesome deal! I think I'll continue to play the drugstore game but I'll refrain from sharing all the details on the blog. If you decide you're interested in playing the drugstore game I've found that these websites have great resources. Also the drugstore game can be played at any drugstore...Walgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS....they all have similar programs and very competitive prices. I just chose CVS because it seemed to be the easiest to understand. Good Luck!

http://moneysavingmom.com/

http://www.chachingonashoestring.com/

http://www.southernsavers.com/

No comments: