Wednesday, May 18, 2011

2011 Rainbow of Heroes Recap

The 2011 Rainbow of Heroes Walk was a huge success! We have to begin with a huge THANK YOU to those of you who were able to donate to the Duke Family Support Program on behalf of Operation Olivia. Unfortunately my trip to New Orleans coincided with the Walk of Heroes so I wasn't able to go. When I discovered the double scheduling I came very close to canceling my trip but Mike insisted that I needed a break. He assured me that he could handle it and he took both kids up to Duke for the event. This was Mike's first time going out anywhere by himself with both kids. I am so impressed! He even took the camera and was able to get some great photos of some of our Duke Family!

Olivia and Ms. Marion (our Social Worker)


Someone had a bit of a meltdown.


Someone else is laid back and ready to go with the flow!


Jayne and Olivia have always had a special relationship.


Dr. Paul and the kids. I think that it's obvious that Olivia knows that the day is pretty much about her and Peter is tired of not being the center of attention.

Dr. Paul will be moving to Pittsburgh this summer as the newly appointed Chief of the Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Division at Children's Hospital of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.



Balloon Release at the end, Peter didn't want to release.


Thank you to all of our friends and family for their support and a HUGE KUDOS to Mike for taking on the Rainbow of Heroes walk solo.

No comments: