Mike and I were enjoying a Redbox Night (The King's Speech comes highly recommended by us) when Mike started getting work related phonecalls. Despite the interruptions our movie night continued. When we learned that the President was going to address the nation we switched over to CNN to learn the big news, Osama bin Laden was dead. Our initial reaction was shock. I was surprised to see how quickly the news spread via facebook and text. I'm surprised at how joyful and happy so many of the comments on facebook were. Here are my favorites:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"
Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall;
don’t be happy when they stumble.
For the Lord will be displeased with you
and will turn his anger away from them."
Proverbs 24:17-18
My husband has deployed multiple times. For the most part I think that he's proud of what he's done during his deployments and I know I'm certainly proud of him! But....I also know that there are things he's done during deployments that weigh heavily on his heart, even when he knew he was doing the right thing.
Let us not make this political and remember to say a prayer for all those involved, especially those behind the scenes whose names will never be known.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago