We are in the midst of complete chaos around here. If you were outside looking in you wouldn't notice anything different in fact very little has changed in our daily lives. It is there, it is looming up ahead. Change. 100 little changes that will be amount to one big giant season of changes.
I mentioned that we will be moving to New Orleans. Here's the only thing we actually KNOW about our move, Mike will be an ROTC instructor at Tulane and he will start there no later than December 1st. Between now and then it feels like there are are a million details to work out, all of them depend on eachother, they're lining up like dominos. As of not it looks like Mike will be finishing up with his current job responsibilities here around September 15th and we're hoping to officially be in New Orleans no later than October 1st.
We know that I want to go back to work when we move to New Orleans. I have had several phone interviews and a couple of on campus interviews. I made a quick trip earlier in the week to New Orleans for the on-campus interviews and I was able to view several rental properties. The interviews went well and I hope to hear something early next week. I am very apprehensive about the job search. I'm well aware it's a very difficult time to find a job so I wanted to be sure and start my search early. I've expressed that I would be willing to move to New Orleans sooner than October 1st if a potential employer needed me to. I don't mind moving without Mike but it would make it more complicated.
We have found a wonderful school for Olivia to attend in New Orleans (more on that later) but her first day of school will be in North Carolina later in the month. Olivia will transition to a new school but she will have the same 1:1 aide that she had last year. We love Olivia's 1:1 and are so happy that she will be able to help Olivia transition to her new school.
Peter was registered to attend a pre-school program here in North Carolina but with everything else going on we've decided to wait on that for a bit. We're looking into daycare/pre-school programs for him in New Orleans. There are plenty of options and I know that Peter will enjoy being able to socialize more with peers.
After touring most of New Orleans over the weekend we have been able to identify which areas of the city we'd be comfortable living in. The housing market in New Orleans is very different from the military communities we're used to living in. I'm sure we'll be able to find something but we're worried about the timing. We still own our home in Colorado and while we do receive some rental income we want to try and coordinate the move so that we are not having to pay rent/mortgage on 3 places at once (Colorado, North Carolina & New Orleans). Again all of this depends on when I might find a job.
We are all feeling the stress caused by so much uncertainty. We hope that more details will fall into place soon!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
Whew! That is a bunch of dominoes! But exciting, too, Laurie. I hope everything goes well over the next couple of weeks!
Post a Comment