I still can't believe that Olivia is really two years old. We just finished up with her 2 year check up. Olivia weighs a whopping 33 lbs and is almost 36 inches tall. That puts her in the 90th percentile for height and the 65th percentile for weight. Olivia identified most of her body parts correctly for the doctor today, she did experience a moment of confusion when asked where her tummy was (we use the word belly). When the doctor asked where her belly was she promptly walked over to me and showed the doctor my growing belly, lifting up the shirt and all. Olivia did have to get one shot today, it was a quick one so there were only a few tears and as I carried Olivia out of the room she looked over my shoulder to the nurse and gave her a loud and tearful "bye". It was hilarious.
I love being the mom of a two year old! I feel like my life has turned into an elaborate game of diplomacy, toddler diplomacy that is. Olivia loves going to the doctor's office, they have a really neat playhouse in the waiting room. Of course they called Olivia's name right after she'd started playing so she didn't want to go. I tried coaxing her out of the little house using every bribe I could think of (you can have a snack, some juice, etc) and she wasn't having it. Finally I went over to the window of the house and said can you climb out the window, it's time to go and out she came, all on her own, no bribe necessary! At the end of the appointment I was trying to load Olivia into the stroller to make the trek back to the car but of course Olivia did not want to be buckled into her stroller. I told her she could walk like a big girl, congratulating myself on my flexibility, but no she refused to walk. Olivia wanted to push the stroller all on her own so that's what we did. She put the diaper bag into the stroller and proudly pushed the stroller all the way to the car. I really am loving being the mom of an independent little two year old but sometimes I wonder....should I be more strict? I keep going back and forth on this issue. I feel like I'm letting her win the small battles now about the things that don't really matter but am I actually setting myself up to fail later on? Does it matter? Today it doesn't seem to matter that Olivia didn't want to come out of the playhouse when I told her it was time to go, I find it amusing that she was willing to climb out the window, but should I be more concerned that I told her it was time to go and she didn't listen to me right away? I'd love to hear what you think!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
2 comments:
I think that her being a two year old. I am not strick with Kyle either, so I am probally not a good person to ask. My general rule is that if its not going to hurt him or someone else, or not going to damage something I let him win. Do what works for you. Thats my advice.
I sent you a rather lengthy e-mail about this Laurie. Rest assured that you are a great mom!
Post a Comment