Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's finally happened...

I knew it was inevitable, I knew it would happen, well tonight was the night--my child has pooped in the tub. What's funny about the entire ordeal is that Olivia totally told me that it was about to happen, I just wasn't listening. First of all Olivia kept trying to stand up. She knows that she's not allowed to stand in the tub. She knows it so well that by this point the only time she ever stands up is when she's ready to climb out of the tub. Well tonight she kept trying to stand up and when I told her to sit down she would shake her head and say "boo boo." At this point Olivia is making new sounds every day so I didn't think anything of it when she said "boo boo". I thought she was just babbling. Then she did it again but this time it was very clearly "poo boo". I still didn't get it. I asked her if she was talking about "poo boo" her new book and I told her we'd read it when she got out of the tub. Finally she just shook her head again then she squatted in the tub and went "poo boo". Well that's certainly one way to tell me what she was trying to say. I responded with oh, you were saying poo poo to which Olivia very clearly replied, "ess" her word for yes.
How could you possibly be mad about that. The child told me she was going to go! Don't worry, I did not take pictures of this precious event but I just had to share.

No comments: