Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF!!!

I don't know about the rest of you but this has definately been one of those "Thank GOD It's Friday" weeks. I haven't been able to post much this week because it's been such a crazy week. Here's a quick recap so you know what we've been up to:

Monday

  • Work all day
  • Deliver dinner to a friend who recently had an adorable baby boy (we're both seeing the same OBGYN so I had to get the inside scoop)
  • Conference call for Gamma Phi Beta - RE: Sacramento Alumnae Chapter
  • Monday was an exhausting day, I got some very sad news about an extended family member (I'll share more later but it's just too painful to deal with now)

Tuesday

  • At a retreat all day for work
  • Pick up Mike from work (he rode his bike to work in the morning but I didn't want him to ride home in the rain so I went to pick him up)
  • Got to go with Mike to pick Olivia up from school (a rare treat since we almost never get to pick her up together)
  • Start watching the weather in New Olreans with Hurricane Gustav nearing the Gulf of Mexico we're concerned about all our friends and family in Louisiana

Wednesday

  • A long day at work
  • Get home to make dinner with Mike (he's been very helpful with the cooking now that I'm pregnant)
  • Realize I'd made an appointment last week for Dream Dinners last week and I'm already 15 minutes late, good thing it's only 10 minutes away
  • Spend a hour and a half making 12 dinners to keep in the freezer for quick meals, arrived home again by 9pm

Thursday

  • Spend half the day at a retreat and the rest of the day working in the office
  • Attended a Faculty/Staff Reception
  • Spend an hour in terrible traffic (it's the start of labor day weekend traffic) to get home
  • Go with Mike and Olivia to a Hail and Farewell at a minor league baseball game (unfortunately the traffic was still just as bad on the way to the game so we were 40 minutes late)

Friday

  • Spend a very long day at work while Mike was at home enjoying the first day of his 4 day weekend
  • Rush to an obgyn appointment during my lunch break

I am so glad it's Friday! It's been a long week. I am really looking forward to the long weekend!

No comments: