So now that Olivia is officially recovering and I've been able to get some sleep I'll fill you in on the rest of our Two Days = Two Trips to the Hospital Trip. I'll warn you now this post is a little graphic!
On Tuesday I woke Olivia up after just 6 short hours of sleep to take her to a previously scheduled doctor's appointment. Olivia was due to have a second skin biopsy. They took a skin biopsy back in June and they attempted to grow cells from the little tiny skin sample and they weren't able to grow anything so they had to schedule a second biopsy in hopes that this time the would be able to grow some cells. That part of the appointment was relatively painless, Olivia knows the doctors that were performing the procedure so she happily went with them while I waited outside the room. They gave Olivia a local anesthetic to numb the area and then they held her down and took the sample. I was thrilled that I got to wait outside the room and "rescue" her when everything was over as opposed to the night before when I had to hold her down during the stitches. I thought our visit was over and was excited to head home for a well deserved nap when the doctor said they also needed a urine sample.
As some of you may know Olivia has had to have several urine samples taken over the last couple of months and she has a "history" with the sample collection. Without getting too graphic the basically tape a bag onto Olivia to collect the urine and then cut a hole in her diaper and thread the bag through the diaper so that she can run around with a diaper on and we can easily see when the urine has been collected. During a previous appointment the urine went into the bag but the bag was not removed immediately so Olivia riped the bag off and started flinging it around. That's right folks, urine showers for everyone! This time the bag was attached and I took Olivia to the quiet more private waiting room and started pumping her full of juice and water in hopes that we could collect the sample and be on our way. We waited, we washed our hands, we played in the bathroom sink, we watched mommy potty, we gave her more juice and water and still no urine. After an hour I decided that it was too much pressure I would just let Olivia play in the normal waiting room with the big playhouse. Olivia was thrilled to be allowed to play in the playhouse even though the other parents were a little hesitant to let their child play with Olivia. I understand their hesitation, she had a massive black eye with stitches and she was running around in an unsnapped onesie with a bag dangling out of her diaper. Fortunately the plan was working and we were starting to finally collect some urine! Just as I decide that it's time to go have the sample collected I see my child toddle by and right in front of the playhouse (in full view of all other parents and kids) a giant turd falls out of the hole in Olivia's diaper. This turd was enormous, I still can't even believe that it came from my child, it was easily twice the size of her fist. I scoop up Olivia and the poop and head straight to the nurse to have the urine sample collected and to get a real diaper onto my child. Lets hope this is the last urine sample they need to collect until after Olivia is potty trained. I don't think I could handle another one!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment