Thursday, August 21, 2008

A little maternal bragging

You can tell that Mike is in the field, I've posted quite a lot this week but I just couldn't resist the opportunity to brag a little about Olivia's speech progress. Granted these are subtle changes, but for us they're huge reasons to celebrate. This week Olivia has added several new words and phrases to her growing vocabulary. New words this week include: elbow, boo boo, out, buddy bear, block, cracker, cheese, and juice. New phrases include: go bye, more snack please, hi pam (Olivia's speech teacher is named pam). I think that Olivia has also started to learn a new song/dance at school. I have no idea what she is saying but she babbles constantly while marching in a circle and then after two circle rotations she promptly stops and waves. Then the entire performance begins again. I've been trying all week to get this on video and have been unsuccessful so far, maybe I'll have better luck this weekend! I've got to remember to ask her teacher what song and dance they've been learning!

No comments: