Monday, August 11, 2008

Austin Trip

I found out a couple weeks ago that I would have to go to Austin for a conference for work. The conference was Monday-Wednesday so Olivia and I took advantage of the opportunity and decided to spend the weekend with my parents in Bellville at LexStone Ranch. On Friday afternoon Olivia and I flew to Austin where my mom and Amy picked us up from the airport. We spent the weekend with them and then I headed to Austin for the conference while Olivia is enjoying some extra time with her grandparents and Aunt Amy. I know that Olivia is having a great time and I'm really glad that she's getting the opportunity to spend more time alone with them. I'm enjoying the conference but it is definitely weird being all alone. I can't remember the last time I really was all alone, it must have been before Olivia was born while Mike was deployed.

This evening I sat with one of my colleagues from work and we watched Austin's famous Congress Street Bats. I'm staying at the Hyatt which is featured in the picture below.


No comments: