Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Car Envy Reality Check

Since we became a family of 4 several months ago we've been going back and forth about upgrading to a larger car. It's hard to believe that we've had the Durango for almost 6 years now. It's been a good reliable car but it's got almost 200,000 miles on it. We paid the car off a while ago and it's been really nice to just have one car payment. The Audi is a little small though and we've definitely been experiencing some car envy when we see the new energy and fuel efficient SUV's and Crossovers. We've been joking about how we should do our part to stimulate the economy and upgrade to a larger car. For the last week I've been driving the Audi around because of the flat tire situation. I've discovered that it's really not so bad and I'm actually enjoying driving in the little "zoom zoom" car. As if I needed more of a reality check I saw this car in front of me the other day at the Starbucks drive through. It's hard to see but there are 3 car seats in the back of this little car. If they can cram three car seats in the back then we should definitely be able to deal with two! Thanks for the reality check!

No comments: