Olivia had her tonsils and adenoids removed this morning (She'd had her adenoids initially removed last year but they grew back so they were removed again). She's doing well but the tonsils were so large that they are keeping her in ICU overnight just to make sure that she doesn't have any trouble breathing. The nurses are all very impressed with how well she's doing, she's had 4 Popsicles, juice, jello, and macaroni and cheese. I'm so thankful that the nurses today were so accommodating. I don't think that infants are really allowed in ICU but Peter was with us all day, charming the pants off of all the nurses. Mike is staying with Olivia tonight and it's killing me that I'm not there. When I was pregnant with Peter I remember being worried that I wouldn't have enough love to go around. I love Olivia so much, I couldn't imagine that I could possibly share that love with another child. Of course everyone I know who has multiple children explained that your love just grows. They were completely right. I love Peter just as much as I love Olivia. What they didn't tell me is that there would be times when I would have to choose between my children and it's the absolute worst feeling in the world. I know that Mike is taking great care of Olivia and she's enjoying this special time with him. I know that I'm happy that I'm able to be here snuggling with Peter. But this mother guilt is killing me! I just keep telling myself that you do the best with what you have and I'm so glad that Mike is here right now so that he can be with Olivia.
No comments:
Post a Comment