So after charging the car battery all night last night I was looking forward to our trip to stock up on all the sale-priced Easter goodies this morning. The car started just fine but I wanted to make sure and drive for a good 20 or 30 minutes so that the battery could continue to charge. So there we were in the car driving down the interstate to charge the battery. Olivia is a little fussy because she generally likes to listen to the radio when we are in the car so to keep her happy we were singing "Old MacDonald" at the top of our lungs. Then I hear Olivia say "open please" and before I can even ask what it is that she wants opened I hear her open the car door. She's buckled into her car seat so I'm not worried that she will actually fall out but then again we are going down the road at 60 mph. I didn't even know she could reach the door handle, let alone open it. Remember we are driving the Audi because the Durango was having tire issues last week. I know that she can't reach the door handle in the Durango but obviously she can in the Audi. I know it's completely irrational but I had always been a little afraid that I would somehow get locked inside the car if I turned the child safety locks on. Obviously I have gotten over this irrational fear and the child safety locks are fully engaged.
1 comment:
Oh craziness! Thank goodness for kids being in carseats :o)
Post a Comment