Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reunion

For the first time in 2 months I was able to hold Peter today. I was so excited to see him but I didn't have huge expectations for our reunion. Peter was actually much happier to see me than I thought he would be. I don't think that Peter recognized Olivia at all. When my mom and Amy arrived with Peter we met them in the hallway so Olivia had her mask on and she's bald now so she looks very different from the last time Peter saw her. Peter has been stuck riding in the car for the last 3 days and he was exhausted but he was still in a pretty good mood. He and Olivia enjoyed playing with some of her toys. Peter has changed so much over the last two months, he has 2 teeth, his baby hair is gone and has been replaced with real big boy hair, he's crawling, and standing, and waving! (check out the video) It was really hard to see him reach for Amy or my mom when he was upset instead of reaching for me. But I can honestly say that it made my heart ache but not break. It's good to know he's so loved and well taken care of.






2 comments:

Wendy Leiva said...

Oh!!!! I am so happy for you! I bet it was wonderful to see him and hold him in your arms again!

Ashley said...

awww, little man!