Mike was able to come up for the 3rd weekend in a row to give me a break. I never take these weekends for granted and I'm so thankful that he is able to come. I know that he loves being able to spend time with Olivia and I love that I get to sleep in a hotel without nurses comming in every hour or so. It's really wierd to stay in a hotel by myself. I am getting better at entertaining myself though. Over the last three weekends I've eaten by myself in a restrauant 3 times and I've gone to 2 movies by myself. It is hard to stay away from the hospital though and so far I haven't been able to stay away for an entire day yet. Maybe next weekend......
Olivia is continuing to do very well. Her white blood count continues to shoot up, it is now 7.8 and the doctors are even talking about discontinuing the medication that helps to boost the growth of white blood cells which they do not typically do until a couple of weeks post discharge. We are getting closer to discharge but we still have quite a way to go. It's a little decieving because Olivia's numbers look so great. But in real life she's still very weak, she's in a lot of pain, she's not eating or drinking more than a few sips or a couple of bites a day. She is engrafted and that does mean we're one step closer to discharge but there are still many more steps to go and we're just taking this one day at a time.
I haven't posted pictures in forever so look for those in tomorrow's post.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment