Saturday, January 23, 2010

You're invited to my pity party

I just can't seem to snap out of this funk and even I am getting tired of my attitude so if you're still out there reading I have to apologize for my attitude and then applaud your dedication (or whatever it is that possesses you to keep on reading). Mike didn't get home until almost 11 PM and then he's been at work all day today. The sun was out and I thought some time outside might cheer us all up so I got everyone ready for a tricycle ride. As I was getting Peter changed and ready to go Olivia decided to throw up all over the place. She said she felt fine afterwards. This morning she happened to have her breathing treatments before breakfast so I just figured that the morning meds on an empty stomach gave her an upset tummy. As I stripped Olivia down to change her clothes so we could head out she proceeded to poop on the floor. She came running over to tell me she pooped but I didn't beat Peter to clean up the mess which created an even bigger mess. YUCK! On the plus side it was normal poop so the mess could have been worse. We finally get outside and started on our tricycle ride. It seems to be going well. Peter is waving at everyone, having a blast, Olivia is peddling along like such a trooper. We got about 200 feet from the house when Olivia stopped peddling and started puking again. My poor baby! We turn around and head home (which reminds me I still haven't cleaned the puke off the tricycle, I'll have to go take care of that fun job). It's mostly liquid so now I'm worried that it's the Pediasure, they were out of regular vanilla and only had the vanilla + fiber flavor, maybe it upset her stomach. Olivia keeps telling me she's okay and she was upset that we had to go home. The day drags on. I make lunch and try to clean up the house a bit. My mom is comming tomorrow and I feel like the house is a disaster. Finally it's 2 pm and I put the kids down for their naps. Somehow during Peter's nap he managed to get the tub of Desitin diaper rash ointment into the crib with him. This is the industrial size jar of the stuff that we got when Olivia was in the hospital. Somehow Peter opened the jar and got Desitin everywhere! It was all over the crib, caked on the sheets, matted into his hair, he reeked of Desitin. Peter had remains of Desitin around his mouth so I freaked out and called poison control. Peter had somehow managed to screw the top back onto the Desitin so it was closed tightly. I found the jar and it only looked like there were a couple of tablespoons missing. There was at least a tablespoon smeared on the sheets and his bear so he couldn't have eaten more than a spoonful. Poison control had me pry open Peter's mouth to see if there was any residue in his mouth or airway. According to the poison control lady it's more of a choking hazard than a toxicity issue. If Peter was up and acting like himself then he was most likely fine. She gave instructions about taking him to the doctor if he spiked a fever, started vomiting, etc. Meanwhile Olivia wakes up from her nap and starts singing about poo poo. By the time I get into her room I know that she's had a major accident. The room reeks! I get Olivia and see that she did indeed go poo poo and her pull up leaked and it's on her pants and sheet! YUCK again! Somehow I've finally made it through the rest of the day but now I'm watching Nancy Grace and that has got to be the most depressing show ever! I like Nancy Grace but this is awful!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sorry that you're having such a crappy (literally and figuratively!) day!! Your strength is so impressive to me.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! This sounds like the most awful day ever! Do you have any caregivers that come to your house to help out? I'm glad your mom is coming and I wouldn't think twice about your house being a mess. Maybe you could find a cleaning company you trust and friends could donate towards your house getting professionally cleaned once a week. I would love to donate.

The Hatchers said...

Hang in there...I'll pray this week is better for you.