Initially our day started out well. I woke up early and got my elliptical workout in and a shower before Peter woke up. Olivia slept until almost 8:30 so I got to enjoy a cup of coffee before getting her started on her meds. We all had breakfast and then I got Olivia started on her breathing treatment. The nebulizer machine is loud and I was trying to catch the news so the TV was loud. Peter was still running around in his PJ's and Olivia had her PJ top on but was naked from the waist down (potty training). So to recap, there is cereal all over the kitchen from breakfast, Peter is running around in his PJ's with a wisk (his current favorite toy), and Olivia is standing in the middle of the living room, half naked, spinning around in a circle until she gets dizzy and falls over (which happens pretty fast since the nebulizer cord gets tangled up and trips her), I am dressed but still have a towel on my head from the shower and.....the door bell rings. It's Olivia's speech therapist, 2 hours early. I'm sure someone in her office called about the time change but I promptly forgot. Olivia gets started with Speech therapy and I entertain Peter. The doorbell rings again and it's the physical therapist. By this time it's way past Peter's normal morning nap time so I put him down. The therapists do a handoff and we do physical therapy. After physical therapy I finally get Olivia her morning meds. She wants to read a book so we go into her room to read. Olivia then decided she was ready for her nap. Why not? We're having a go-with-the-flow day, right? The kids sleep for about an hour while I try to regroup. They get up and I make lunch. By this time Peter took a very long morning nap so I know he won't be taking an afternoon nap. Olivia rested in her bed for about 15 minutes but spent the rest of her naptime playing with her books. The house is a disaster so I try to pick up a bit. I go from room to room attempting to straighten up while I have two little tornadoes following behind me, completely counter productive. At one point today I was making the bed in my bedroom and the kids were "playing quietly" in the bathroom. I turned to find Peter dragging a toilet plunger around and Olivia eating my lipstick. Turns out Olivia had applied quite a bit of makeup. Rather than try and get her all the way across the house to her bathroom I just decided to give both kids a bath in my tub. So what if it's only 4pm. There's no point in getting dressed so I just put them in their PJ's. See pictures below. I was set on getting the floors moped and Peter decided it was his mission to give himself a concussion by running on the wet floors. The boy was almost airborne before he smacked the back of his head on the floor. You would think that he would learn after his first fall but then he sat up, cried, then got a big grin on his face and hoped up to do it again. I didn't have a plan for dinner so I improvised and created some type of pasta/sausage meatball/cheese casserole that the kids both loved. We spent the entire day in chaos from the moment Olivia got up until the second she went to bed and I am very glad that this day is over!

After her bath this little girl laid on the bed and was slapping her own behind and saying "night night." I have no idea where she learned this! I can almost hear all of my friends snickering as I read this but really! Where does she learn this stuff?

This handsome boy is getting to be such a big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment