On Sunday afternoon Olivia either tripped or Peter stood on her foot. They were playing in the living room and then I heard the screaming. It was the I'm in serious pain scream, not the I'm uncomfortable or irritated cry. Both of them were crying but it the "pain cries" were coming from Olivia. She did something to her foot or ankle. I calmed her down and we went into the back yard to play. After some cuddle time and a few popsicles Olivia seemed to be feeling better but she was limping pretty badly. Mike looked at her foot, it wasn't swollen, she was able to move her toes and she didn't seem to be in pain when he touched or handled her foot.
This morning Olivia woke up extra early and as she came out of her bedroom she was limping so badly she could barely walk. She was also crying in pain with each step. I completely freaked out. Olivia was moving around but she wasn't able to walk, she would stand up and then try to take a step and then fall over and crawl instead. I called and got her a doctor appointment at Ft. Bragg and then I called our nurse practitioner at Duke to fill him in and get his advice. They told me to give Olivia an extra dose of hydracortisone and get copies of any x-rays. We headed off to the doctor at Ft. Bragg. We saw a different doctor today at Ft. Bragg and she was really great. At the doctor Olivia proceeded to demonstrate that I was completely over-reacting! She walked around, she danced, she marched, she stomped up and down on stairs, she kicked a ball. The doctor thoroughly checked her out and pronounced that nothing was broken she most likely had strained a muscle.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment