Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fruits of Our Labor

In January we started using the envelope system to help us adhere to a monthly budget. In addition to our regular envelopes we created a “Swing Set” envelope. We didn’t put any money into the “Swing Set” envelope to start with, but each time I had extra money left over in a different envelope I transferred it to our “Swing Set” envelope. I’m so proud to post these pictures representing the Fruits of Our Labor……




Initially we had planned on getting a much larger wooden swing set from Creative Playthings. But after we measured our back yard we began to re-think that idea. We have a narrow back yard and we didn't want the swing set to take over the yard. We also thought about what we would really need. I've been looking at swing sets on craigslist for a while and I noticed that the Step2 and Little Tykes sets seem to have a good resale value. I was worried that a wooden set might have more sharp edges and corners that might be dangerous for Olivia. This swing set from Step2 went on sale at Toys 'r Us a few weeks ago and we had just enough money in our envelope to cover it. Mike put it together a couple of weekends ago and Olivia and Peter have enjoyed playing on it almost every day since.



2 comments:

Ashley said...

woo hoo!!! great job!

katherine_m_gilmore said...

omg that is the EXACT swing set that i am looking at for the boys! we don't have a big backyard either so i thought that particular swing set would be the perfect size!