Saturday, April 10, 2010

On the Mend

After an entire week of us all feeling sick I think it's safe to say that we're FINALLY on the mend. Olivia is the only one who ever got a fever and she seemed to bounce back the quickest (thank goodness). Aside from her having to have her breathing treatments 4 times a day instead of just twice a day you'd never know that she was sick. Peter and I are still coughing occasionally but it's much better now and today is the first day all week that I didn't wake up with a pounding headache. During our week of sickness I did discover that the downstairs couch makes an great spot for cuddling with both Olivia and Peter! I discovered that the two of them will happily share a bowl of popcorn and blankets while I moan in sinus induced misery on the opposite side of the couch. I also discovered that Peter loves tv, especially anything of the animated variety and that he knows who Dora is and can say "dora". We went through almost 2 containers of popsicles and I didn't cook dinner for an entire week. We saved a ton of money on groceries and Mike and I both lost at least 5 pounds. Now that I reflect on the week I think that the only thing I was able to accomplish was cleaning out the kids dresser drawers.

No comments: