Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Drugstore Game, Week 3




Huggies Diapers $19.99
-$3.00 Coupon
+$10 in Extra Care Bucks
=$6.99

Colgate Toothpaste $2
-$1.00 Coupon
+$2.00 in Extra Care Bucks
=I made $1.00 by buying this!!!

Hawaiian Tropics Suntan Lotion
2 bottles $19.98
-$2.00 Coupons
+$10.00 in Extra Care Bucks
=$7.98

At this point I'm half way through my 6 week trial of playing The Drugstore Game. Overall I've purchased total of $80.01 of merchandise (Scope Mouthwash, Gilette Bodywash, 3 boxes of General Mills Cereal, 1 jumbo box of Huggies diapers, 1 tube of toothpaste, 2 bottles of sunscreen), I've paid $40.87 out of pocket and I have a total of $22.00 in Extra Care Bucks to use at CVS so basically I've gotten $80.01 of stuff for $18.87. Is it worth it? I'm not sure yet. I am starting to enjoy it and it was exciting to get my receipt today and see that I paid so little and got so much. It is time consuming, I'm spending about 30 minutes a week preparing my weekly CVS list but it is fun to feel like I'm getting such a deal! Check back next week for another update.

No comments: